Name of agency
Mailing Address (where you would you’re your check(s) mailed if your application is accepted)
Since 1927, the Good Cheer Fund has been serving Lowcountry residents in need during the holiday season by helping families in crisis, clothing the less fortunate, sheltering the homeless and feeding the hungry. Agencies wishing to help us in this mission must meet certain criteria. To help ascertain your agency’s suitability, please answer the following questions (you may upload or include additional explanations below if necessary):
- Is your agency able to directly help individuals in need during the holiday season?
- If Lowcountry residents in need call your agency, will they receive a recording or will they speak with a live person?
- Will calls be answered by a person familiar with the Good Cheer Fund?
- If a resident in need must leave a message with your organization to receive assistance, when will the call be returned?
- Having transportation should not be a prerequisite to receiving help. Will clients be required to drive to your location for assistance or can you get help to them?
- Emergencies do not occur on a set timetable. Are you willing to maintain a portion of Good Cheer funds to assist with last-minute requests for help?
In addition, please upload or input a written statement (below), no longer than 1 page, detailing how your agency will use Good Cheer Fund money to help the less fortunate in our community within the 30-day holiday period. Please note that all Good Cheer donations must be spent on Lowcountry community needs that are identified during the holiday season. Funds received by agencies may not be used for operating expenses, administrative costs or capital expenditures.
If you choose, you may include support materials such as your most recent financial statement, mission statements, reference letters, etc. However, these items are not required for consideration.
Please return to The Post and Courier by July 1, 2019.
Upload your Written Statement:
Or, input your Written Statement into the box below:
Check Distribution Schedule
All checks will be sent by U.S. Mail on the following 2019 dates:
December 16, 2019
December 23, 2019
December 30, 2019
As a Good Cheer charity you are required to document how all monies received through the fund were distributed and when. All Good Cheer contributions to your organizations must be exhausted by January 24, 2019. Any remaining contributions must be returned to The Post and Courier by January 31, 2019. Your disclosure accounting statement must be provided to The Post and Courier by January 25, 2019, in order to be eligible for the funding in upcoming years. All donations must be fully distributed within Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester and Colleton Counties.
Name of Agency Representative
Please input your signature in the box below: